Vegan banana bread

Banana bread is literally my obsession!! I love it so so much, and not gonna lie, I could down half a loaf in one sitting! For some reason, making a vegan banana bread recipe was actually more difficult than I thought. It either turned out too squishy, didn't rise at all, or simply tasted weird. So it has taken me quite a while to get up a good banana bread recipe! Butttt I am finally here with one, and its so so good!

I also topped it with some chocolate chips to make it look nicer- but this is totally optional! You can also top this with blueberries, raspberries or strawberries for a healthier, fruity option (this will usually require more baking time!)


Vegan Banana Bread
Ingredients
2 medium bananas, ripe and mashed
3/4 cup soy milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips or 1/2 frozen berries (optional)
Method
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, soy milk, oil, sugar and vanilla until fully combined.
2. Add in the dry ingredients and fold to fully combine- add a splash more soy milk if its a bit thick.
3. Pour mixture into a loaf tin lined with baking paper or well oiled. Sprinkle over chocolate chips if desired.
4. Bake at 180 degrees C for 40 minutes until risen and brown, and skewer is clean if you poke it. If you have used frozen berries, allow for more baking time- up to an hour is usually required. Check occasionally and use skewer to ensure fully cooked. 
5. Allow to cool for 20 minutes, then slice and eat!!

There you have it! So so fluffy and thick and delicious!


 I love having a slice of warm banana bread as a morning or afternoon snack! It's also perfect to wrap up and carry to school, work or uni, or you can pair it with some fruit or a smoothie for a super yummy and satisfying breakfast!


For some other banana recipes, try out my vegan brownie banana bread (banana bread with a twist!) or  banana choc chip muffins!
Make sure to let me know if you ever give any of my recipes a try! Send me a DM or tag me on instagram- @earthykim

Comments