Accidentally vegan junk food (NZ)

Hello! Hi! How are we?

Today I'm coming to you with a very different kind of post! I'm super excited about this, and I hope that you enjoy it! This is the first edition of the accidentally vegan junk food (hoping to write more in the future!)
These are all the foods I have found, in supermarkets, around Auckland that just happens to be vegan! And all junk food, cuz lets be honest here, no one wants to see "accidentally vegan healthy food"!
I am a HUGE lover of junk food, because don't we all love a bit of crappy, bad for ya, food every now and then! In moderation is the key here!

Note: These are foods are available in NZ- some brands may be available overseas!

1) NZ Kettle Korn
This is 100% NZ made kettle korn! Comes in 3 super delicious flavours; sea salt, sweet and salty and caramel (my fave!) This is literally the perfect snack to take for picnics, movies or really, just when you're bored! This brand is perfect for vegans (ofc), but with other food allergies too- gluten, soy, nut, and dairy! Its a healthier option. but still so so good!

2) This one is a recent discovery for me! Pam's twisted hazelnut spread! If you loved Nuttella growing up, this is gonna hit the spot! Creamy, chocolately and all vegan, this is the perfect alternative, and bet you won't notice the difference either! I love this spread on toast, it is literally perfection!

3) 50% or higher Whittakers chocolate
That's right, any of the Whittakers chocolates with a 50% cocoa content or higher is vegan! That is a large majority of their range, including some of the new Artisan range! My personal favourites are, dark Ghana, dark almond, and the new almond and cranberry! (During Easter they come out with dark chocolate bunnies, which are also vegan!) Whittakers is the top selling chocolate range in the country, and I am so beyond happy they cater to us vegans too!

4) Oreos
If you  are a long term vegan, you'll probably know how much oreos are worshipped in the vegan community! Such a classic cookie, and vegan too! Although oreos are vegan in New Zealand, they may not be in your country, so remember to always check!



5) Arnotts Lemon Crisp Biscuits
These are such a classic, and I'm so happy that they are also vegan! A majority of the Arnotts range is not vegan, but these are, and i think that's enough! Definitely give them a try if you haven't, they are too good to have only one 1!

6) Shapes Barbecue
When I found out these were vegan, I literally screamed with joy! This is the best flavour of the range! These are such a kiwi favourite, and to know that us vegans can get into them too, is so awesome! I am unsure if any of their other flavours are vegan, but this is personally my favourite anyways!


 7) Kellogs Nutrigrain
I cannot begin to explain my love for this cereal! It is honestly so good! Paired with a good soy milk, it makes the best snack! A box of this, does not last long in my house (especially cuz my sister is vegan too! Sometimes its hard to share!)

8) Farmbake Peanut Brownie Cookies
I recently discovered these were vegan and I'm over the moon! While they aren't the best flavour in this range, its so awesome that they do have one vegan product! These are so good sandwiched with some vegan ice cream!

9) Eta Kettle Thai Sweet Chilli Chips
Okay, if you have not tried these chips, you haven't lived! They are AMAZING! These are always present on picnic, road trips and laying around watching Netflix with my friends! They love them as much as I do. They are sweet, and kinda tangy, and I could honestly eat half a bag in a sitting!

I truly hope you've found something new to indulge in! Remember to always check the labels of the food you're buying (in case of recipe changes!). Share these with family and friends, and lets show support for the products that are vegan!
Instagram- @earthykim

UPDATE:
I now have 2 more posts sharing some more delicious accidentally vegan junk food! Check out my second and third post here!

Comments

  1. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info. Food

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know which biscuits available in NZ are vegan. I'm a reluctant vegan (health reasons) and missing my treats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment