HCLF Vegan brownies!

Since going vegan I've been looking for the perfect vegan brownies, a treat that I love! Before I went vegan I had the best brownie recipe, the brownies were moist, soft, gooey and just delicious, everyone who tried them, loved them!
I wanted brownies like that, except vegan. Lots of vegan brownies use oils, like coconut oil, and I wanted a low fat brownie recipe. Some that I tried were just plain, and not appetizing!

That's when I discovered the Sweet Potato Brownie recipe, in Deliciously Ella's cookbook!
So I played around with the base of this recipe, until I created a high carb, low fat, absolutely delicious brownie recipe! And now, I'm gonna share it with you!

HCLF vegan brownies!
Ingredients:
2 medium sweet potatoes/kumara boiled, peeled and chopped
14-15 medjool dates OR 1 cup normal dates
1 cup boiling water
2 tbsp almond meal
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup brown sugar/coconut sugar/white sugar
1/2 cup water- OR you can use a non-dairy milk
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips or 70% or higher dark chocolate chopped

Method:
1. Soften the dates in the boiling water for 5 minutes, then pour the dates, with the water, and the sweet potatoes into a food processor. Process until you get a creamy mixture and everything is broken down.
2. Put this mixture into a mixing bowl, and add all ingredients except water/milk and chocolate chips. Mix, your batter will be very thick. Add the water/milk and mix until everything is combined and batter is smooth- add more water/milk if still too thick.
3. Add in chocolate chips and mix well, until combined.
4. Pour into a tray with baking paper, and baking for 30-40 minutes or until skewer is clean.
5. Let it cool, cut into squares and devourer.
So gooey and delicious!
Super yummy and delicious!
If you try this recipe, let me know- I would love to see your creations!
Email me- healthynzgirl@gmail.com
Instagram- @healthynzgirl
OR comment below!

Thanks
Kimberley 

Comments