Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes

I looove pancakes! If you have a scroll though my instagram feed, you can clearly tell my love for pancakes! I also love trying out different types of pancakes, plain, chocolate, berry, banana, and now, my masterpiece- Chocolate chip!
These pancakes are so filling, hearty and delicious, not to mention low fat and totally healthy too! Healthy pancakes? That's right! Can breakfast get any better than this!

Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
3/4 c wholemeal  flour
2 tbsp coconut flour- this is optional but I recommend!
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp coconut sugar
3-4 squares dark chocolate chopped into  pieces + more for toppings
1-1/2 c water or vegan milk

Chocolate Sauce
1 tsp cocoa/cacao/carob powder
2-3 tsp water
1 tsp maple syrup

Method:
1) Mix all your dry ingredients into a bowl, then add about 1 cup of your liquid. Mix well, and add more water/milk if necessary- batter should be quite wet- now add the chocolate chips and fold into batter.
2) Heat a pan on low to moderate heat- add oil to the pan if needed (I usually add oil for the first batch, then do not need oil for the rest.)
3) Drop tablespoonfuls onto the hot pan, and spread the mix into a circle with the back of the spoon.
4) Cook for 3-4mins on each side or until brown.
5) Flip onto a serving plate, and continue with the rest of the batter.
6) To make the sauce mix all the ingredients together till you get a thick but pourable consistency.
7) Drizzle sauce over pancakes and top with dates, dark chocolate and coconut.


I hope you make these pancakes and thoroughly enjoy them! Make them for family or friends for a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner (yes, I have had pancakes for dinner!).

If you make these, I would love to know how they turned out, so let me know or send me a photo!
Email- healthynzgirl@gmail.com
Instagram- message or tag me @healthynzgirl
Snapchat- @kimzaay




Comments