Salted Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake (Vegan)

Yes I know, its exam time, and I really should be studying! My exams are a week away and here I am making cheesecake instead of cracking open the study notes! In my defensive, this cheesecake really only took 30 minutes to prepare, and then I studied afters! So I'm not completely a procrastinator! Hahaha!
This vegan cheesecake is totally delicious, creamy, light and well. . . much, much better than the "real deal." I was a huge cheesecake lover before I went vegan, and now I'm an even bigger cheesecake lover as a vegan! This cheesecake is healthy, its refined sugar free, gluten free, vegan and totally, totally delectable! Make these for your non-vegan friends and its sure to surprise them!
In fact, every time I make a vegan dessert my dad is beyond surprised its vegan because it "tastes so good!" Hey dad, everything you can eat, I can eat too! Am I right, my vegan friends?!

Salted Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake (Vegan)
This makes one small cheesecake, or can make around 8-10 mini cheesecakes
Ingredients:
Base-
1 1/2 cup dates chopped
1/2 cup walnuts
1 cup salted caramel kettle korn popcorn (I used NZ Kettle Korn )
water
Filling-
1 1/2 cup cashews soaked in boiling water for 2-3 hours
1/2 lemon
3-4 tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup soy or coconut milk
Topping- 
Whittakers Dark Ghana Chocolate
handful salted caramel popcorn
desiccated coconut
Method:
1) Firstly set up your cheesecake tin. If you want to make 1 round cheesecake, take your tin and line with baking paper. If you want to make single serve cheesecakes, take your baking paper and cut out strips around half an inch thick, and long enough to line across the muffin mould and make little tabs which you can pull to remove.
2) Base- to make the base, first add the kettle korn to a food processor, process until broken down and crumbly. Then add the dates, walnuts and 1-2tbsp water and process until fully combined. Remove and press into a small round tin, or muffin moulds. Put in freezer while making filling.
3) Filling- drain the soaked cashews and add to the processor or blender along  all the other ingredients. Process until smooth and creamy, add more milk if needed. Pour over the base, smooth the top with a spoon and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or until set.
4) Once your cheesecake has set, remove from freezer and leave to stand for 5-10mins. Melt the dark chocolate in the meantime- I just melted mine in the microwave. Next pull out the tabs or baking paper to remove cheesecake from the tin. Pour the chocolate over the cheesecake however you desire, sprinkle over some coconut and finally top with the salted caramel popcorn. You can pour more chocolate sauce over the popcorn.
5) Serve! Store the leftovers (if you have any!) in an airtight container and keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. When you want to eat it again, just defrost it for 10-20 minutes before consuming (if you can wait that long!!)

I hope that you try and enjoy this recipe! It is so so yummy!

This is also my first time making vegan cheesecake, and I'm so happy with how it turned out! I will definitely be making it more often!
If you do make this, please let me know, as I would love to see how yours turned out! 
Snapchat: kimzaay
Email: healthynzgirl@gmail.com
Instagram: @healthynzgirl 

Thanks Kimberley

Comments