Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

So a few days ago I bought 3 bunches of super ripe bananas! They had to be used up, and there's only so many smoothies and nana ice cream bowls you can make right! So I was like, "why not make banana muffins!" But to make them more exciting I added chocolate chips! (Cuz who doesn't like chocolate!)
I've made banana loaf many times, but they never come out completely perfect (and I really don't know why), so I have to admit, I was a tad doubtful about how these muffins would turn out. However, they came out sooooo good! I was actually quite surprised! I simply had to share the recipe because they are that awesome!
So here you have vegan banana chocolate chip muffins, that I hope you love!
make sure your bananas are super spotty!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12-16
2 large mashed bananas
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup brown or coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup plant milk (coconut, oat, rice, soy, etc)
2 cups self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chopped (I used Whittaker's Dark Ghana)
Method:
1) In a large bowl mix together the mashed bananas, coconut oil, and milk till well combined. Next add the sugar and vanilla essence.
2) Now add the flour and fold into the wet mixture- add more milk if batter is too dry- but do not over mix the muffin batter!
3) Fold in the chocolate chips!
4) Scoop out tablespoonfuls into your muffin molds and bake in an oven preheated at 180 degrees Celsius for 10-15 minutes or until risen and brown on top.
5) Allow to cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!!!

Store in an airtight container for 4-5 days, or freeze for up to 2 months for a long lasting convenient snack.
Note: you can always sub the chocolate chips with blueberries to make banana blueberry muffins! They will come out just as good! You can also just leave out the chocolate to make just plain banana muffins!!

Fresh from the oven is best!

I hope you try and enjoy this recipe! This is a satisfying, light and healthy snack on the go- to carry to school, work, Uni or wherever your busy life takes you!

Tag or DM me if you ever make any of the recipes on my blog! I love seeing how it turns out and hearing feedback!
Instagram- @earthykim
Email- healthynzgirl@gmail.com

Recipe updated on 22/07/18



Comments