Blueberry Muffins

Polenta! This is my new favourite baking ingredient! I love it! I've been using it mainly in cakes and muffins and it give such an awesome texture! Crumbly, dense, sweet and so totally yum!! So today I'm going to share with you my blueberry polenta muffins! I actually made these for the first time today, and it worked out so well, so I'm going to immediately put it on my blog, to share with you all.

So for the past few weeks, I've actually had major cravings for a delicious, vegan blueberry muffins. A few of these, have totally satisfied that craving! 

Blueberry Polenta Muffins 
Makes 16 muffins
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups plain flour or gluten free flour
1 1/2 cups polenta (uncooked)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp baking powder
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1 1/4 cup vegan milk (oat, soy, coconut, rice)
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 lemon juiced
1 tsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
1 1/2 punnets blueberries (or use frozen)
Method:
1) Mix together all the dry ingredients until  well combined.
2) Next add in all the wet ingredients, except the blueberries and mix until fully combined. Try not to over mix the batter, or the muffins will not turn out as good. The mixture shouldn't be too liquid, however if you are finding it too thick add in some more vegan milk.
3) Fold in the blueberries.
4) Take 2-3 tablespoonfuls and place into muffin molds, bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes, until cooked fully through. Check by sticking a knife into one of them. It should come out still moist, not completely dry (this is important!)
5) Remove, cool and enjoy!


Hope you give these a try! They are totally worth the make! Perfect to carry on the go, or to have as a quick breakfast, or just as a snack with some coconut yoghurt! So good! These are definitely going to become one of my staples! 

Comments