Vegan Chocolate cake

There is seriously nothing like a slice of rich and chocolatey chocolate cake! It's a classic, and goes down with everybody (and if you don't like chocolate cake, I don't think we can be friends! ;) )
When I first made this cake, and had some,  I seriously could not stop eating it. It was gone in like a day, no joke! People will seriously not realise its vegan at all, its that good!

This is such a super simple, quick and easy recipe, you'll have a delicious chocolate cake in less than 2 hours (faster if you are efficient in the kitchen! ) This cake is made in one bowl, and with simple, basic ingredients!

And the best part with vegan baking is, you can totally eat the batter and like the bowl clean! 

Vegan Chocolate cake
Ingredients
2 cups plain flour
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 cup plant milk
1/3 cup water
1 tsp vanilla essence
Method
1. Mix together all your dry ingredients, then fold in the wet ingredients. Add the water or more plant milk if the mixture is too thick- try not to over mix
2. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celcius for 40-50 minutes checking occasionally.
3. That. Is. It

Note- the icing is made with just icing sugar, water and cocoa powder mixed together till thick- add vegan butter if you want a creamier frosting-like icing!

This is the most simplest cake recipe I've ever used, and it's my go-to for events, dessert, or if I'm just having a craving!
So what are you waiting for??
Seriously give this recipe a go!
It is so worth it!

As always, let me know if you ever try anything from my blog, I'd love to see your creations!
email- healthynzgirl@gmail.com
instagram- @earthykim

Comments