Chocolate and walnut cookies

There is seriously nothing like a batch chunky and chewy cookies,  am I right!
All this uni work has got me craving "junky" vegan food! So the other day I craved and made this batch of super yummy chocolate and walnut cookies! Fresh from the oven, they are so so yum! And they're honestly not that unhealthy either! Win/win!

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I didn't get to eat as many as I wanted! I left the house for a day and came back to find that my family had scoffed almost the whole batch! Not one single cookie left! Oh well, just looks like I'm going to have to make another batch, and hide them all!

Chocolate and walnut cookies
Ingredients
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/3 cup raw brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut oil/vegan butter
1/2 cup plant milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup dark chocolate (I used the dark Ghana 72% from Whittaker's)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Method
1) Mix together the dry ingredients, then fold in the wet and mix well till you get a thick  dough. Fold in the chocolate and walnuts and combine well.
2) Roll out into small balls, flatten and place on a baking tray.
3) Bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 10-12 minutes or until cooked

Yum!
Enjoy! Hope you give these a try!

Comments