Also I just realised that there are two ways of spelling donut/doughnut!! What!
That's all I gotta say in this post, so lets just get straight onto the recipe!
Cinnamon glaze donuts (or doughnuts!)
2 cups soy milk
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp active yeast
1 tsp salt
4 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3-4 tbsp water
1-2 tbsp non-dairy butter (Olivani, Nuttlex)
3-4 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp flour
1. Start by placing the soy milk, vanilla, oil and sugar in a pot over medium heat, mixing occassionally. Let the mix come to a boil, then remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes.
2. Add the yeast to the liquid ingredients and mix well, let this sit for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add 4 cups of the flour into a bowl with the salt, then add the yeast mixture, and mix to fully combine and form a dough. Let this sit for 1-2 hours until doubled in size.
4. Once the dough has risen, mix in the 1/2 cup of flour, and leave for 10 minutes.
5. Knead the dough 3-4 times, then break apart into small fist size balls. Shape the balls into a donut shape.
6. Place all the donuts onto a baking tray, and bake at 180 degrees C for 15-20 minutes or until slightly brown. Do not over bake!
7. While the donuts are baking, make the glaze by mixing all the ingredients together, as well as the streusel topping, by combining all the ingredients to form a slightly crumbly mixture.
8. Once the donuts are cooked, remove and drizzle over the glaze, then stick the streusel on top!
|Even ruby wanted one!|
These are awesome to share with family and friends! Tip: Make the donuts smaller in size, making them perfect for picnics or shared lunches!