Gluten free and vegan fudgy brownies


Hello guys!  And welcome to September! How on earth do we only have 3 months left of this year! I honestly don't know where the time has gone, but yet another year is flying past!
Also, goodbye winter!! I feel like I am part of the minority of people that actually love winter! Don't get me wrong, I love beach time, but I love snuggling under a duvet with a warm brownie and hot chocolate even more!

Today I am coming to you with a bit of a different recipe! Vegan AND gluten free brownies! I have to be honest, I have never baked with gluten free flour before, and I was extremely doubtful, because the batter looked like it had failed and I had very low expectations! However, it came out of the oven so warm and fudgy and super delicious, I was beyond surprised!

So I really hope you guys give this recipe a go! I am definitely going to attempt more gluten free recipes, so I hope you enjoy this one!

Gluten free and vegan fudgy brownies
Ingredients
3/4 cup vegan chocolate melted
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup soy milk + extra
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 3 tbsp water (flax egg)
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup plain gluten free flour
1/4 cup almond meal
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
Method
1. In a bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and oil. Then add the vanilla, milk and flax egg, and whisk together until fully combined.
2. Add in the flour, baking powder, cocoa, and almond meal and fold together.
3. Add in the melted chocolate. The batter should be quite thick- however, add extra milk should you need it.
4. Pour into a baking tin lined with baking paper and top with the extra chocolate chips, and bake at 180 degrees C for around 30 minutes, but check occasionally. Insert a skewer to ensure it's full cooked inside.
5. Remove, allow to cool and eat! Served with vegan vanilla ice cream I reckon this would taste amazing!



Well there you have it! A totally delicious, simple and easy brownie recipe! This would be totally perfect to serve to friends or family, take to a picnic or event, or have as a snack for work or uni! Also because its gluten free, dairy free and egg free it is super allergy friendly, making it awesome to serve to family and friends!

If you ever try out any of my recipes, definitely let me know, and give me some feedback! I love seeing pictures, so DM or tag me on Instagram- @earthykim



Comments