chocolate chip cookie dough bars (vegan and gluten free)

While the title of this recipe may be a bit of a mouthful, this recipe is definitely not! As you all probably know I love to keep things simple here on my blog, as I definitely do not have hours to spend baking treats! Simple, easy and delicious recipes are my fave kind of recipes, and I know that many of you love that too! No need for complex recipes with many ingredients, when simplicity works just fine! 


Today I am coming to you with a totally delicious and easy recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough bars! I mean who doesn't love cookies, they are probably one of my favourite sweet treats! 
These are no bake, vegan and gluten free, and are so so delicious, not to mention is a much healthier option for when those sweet cravings kick in! These bars are so easy to make, it will take you literally less than 15 minutes to whip up, and the freezer will do the rest! These came out really darn good, and I really hope you give these a try! 

Chocolate chip cookie dough bars
Ingredients
Makes 9 square bars
1 cup almond meal/flour
2 cups oats ground into flour 
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup dates soaked in boiling water and mash
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips 
2 tbsp softened peanut butter

1 cup chocolate chips melted 
Method 
1. Start by folding together the oats, almond flour and cinnamon. Then add the mashed dates, peanut butter and almond milk and mix fully till you have a thick dough. Add extra milk if the mixture is quite dry. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
2. Press the dough into a loaf tin and spread evenly. Then top with the melted chocolate. Store this in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
3. Remove, slice and serve! The bars should be stored in the freezer in an airtight container. 


There you have it! Insanely easy to whip up! These are perfect to carry to work, uni or school to have a sweet treat during break! 
If you give this recipe a go, be sure to let me know! I love seeing how they turn out, DM or tag me on Instagram @earthykim

Comments