Choc chip peanut butter bars

If you're a peanut butter and chocolate addict like myself, you will absolutely love todays recipe! Delicious, healthier, vegan and gluten free chocolate chip peanut butter bars! These make a great alternative to naturally sugar/butter filled baked goods, so perfect for when you're craving something sweet, but don't want to hit the junk food! Like all my recipes, these are so dang easy to make, it's a bit ridiculous!

These turned out so yum, I was a bit blown away! Also, you can hardly taste the gluten free flour in this, and since I myself am not gluten free, I usually notice that grainy gluten free flour taste, but there is no hint of it in these! I also don't often bake with gluten free flour, so I am really happy with how these turned out!

Choc chip peanut butter bars
Ingredients
1/2 cup gf oats ground into flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp. ground chia or flax seed
1/4 cup brown or coconut sugar
1/4 cup soy milk
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter softened or runny
1/2 cup choc chips
Method:
1.  Add the flour, oats, baking powder, ground chia seeds/flax seeds and sugar into a bowl and fold together.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the choc chips. Mix until you have a thick dough, then add the choc chips.
3. Press the dough into a rectangular baking dish, and bake at 180 degrees C for 15-20 minutes, checking occasionally. The bars will be soft to the touch when they first come out of the oven, however will firm up as they cool down.


There you have it! These are a delicious, healthier, vegan and gluten free snack to have when one of those 3pm cravings hit, or before/after a workout!
I really hope you give these a go! If you do, be sure to take a photo and send it or tag me in it on Instagram- @earthykim

If you ever have any recipe suggestions or question, feel free to comment below, email or DM me on Instagram! I love hearing your thoughts!

Comments