I have been meaning to make a sticky date pudding for the longest time! There is just some so totally dreamy about a soft, sweet and delicious date pudding. When I finally got my hands on the new vegan caramel sauce from Veesey, I knew it would go just perfect with a date pudding!
This pudding is totally vegan, however by no means is it healthy! This is definitely for a treat occasion, as it is so sweet and decadent!
This turned out super yum, and is so easy to make, with easy to source ingredients! If you love dates, and if you love desserts, definitely give this a go!
Vegan date pudding
1 1/2 cups dates
1 cup boiling water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup self raising flour
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup soft brown sugar
1/3 cup oil or vegan butter/margarine
Veesey vegan caramel sauce for the top
1. To make the puddings, start by soaking the dates in the boiling water with the baking soda.
2. After 15 minutes drain the dates, but save the water. Let the dates cool down, then roughly chop them.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the oil/butter/margarine of your choice with the sugar. Next add 3/4 cup of the reserved date water and whisk together. Fold in the flour until the batter is smooth and creamy.
4. Fold in the dates and mix to combine.
5. Grease 4-6 ramekins, then pour in the pudding batter.
6. Bake at 180 degrees C for around 35-40 minutes, checking occasionally. Insert a knife or skewer to make sure its cooked through.
7. Remove, allow to cool and pour over the Veesey vegan caramel sauce! Place in the microwave for 20 seconds so the sauce becomes warm.
There you have! An absolutely delicious vegan dessert to share with your family and friends! This date pudding is rich and decadent and will definitely hit any of those sweet tooth cravings! The caramel sauce just really finishes it off!
I hope you give this recipe a try! If you do, be sure to let me know, tag or DM me on Instagram- @earthykim! If you have an recipe suggestions or want to contact me for anything, leave a comment below!
* This post is in collaboration with Veesey. Make sure to check out their large range of dairy free goods, including this caramel sauce, cheeses, pesto, mayonnaise, aioli, custards and more!