Todays post is a goodie! Its an easy, delicious and cashew-free chocolate caramel slice! This recipe is vegan, gluten free and super yummy! Quite often, many vegan caramel slice recipes have a cashew base to get the creamy texture, this recipe however is a bit different, but it still turns out so so gooooood, not to mention a lot cheaper as well! I definitely hope you give it a try, and be sure to let me know if you do! The base of this recipe is made using the ready to make bliss ball mixes from the amazing Clean Mixes! All of their products are dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free, and vegan! They are perfect for when you want to prep a quick healthy snack without going out and buying a ton of ingredients!
Easy chocolate caramel slice
1 pack Super Food Beauty Blend Bliss Ball Mix (or any of their other mixes)
1/4 cup soy milk
3 tbsp. maple syrup or another liquid sweetener
3/4 cup vanilla coconut yoghurt
1/4 cup runny peanut butter (both smooth or crunchy work fine)
1/2 dates soak in boiling water
1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
1. Start by preparing the base! You can make the bliss ball mix according to the packet instructions, but I want to make these oil free, so I added soy milk and maple syrup instead! Press into a loaf tin lined with baking paper, and set aside.
2. Drain the dates from the boiling water, and place all filling ingredients into a blender, and blend until creamy. Add a splash of almond or soy milk if the mixture is too thick. Pour over the pre-prepared base and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
3. Melt the chocolate either in the microwave for 2 minutes or using the double boiler method. Pour the chocolate over the filling, and smooth over carefully. Cover the loaf tin with some plastic wrap to prevent any ice forming on the slice. Place in the freezer for 4-5 hours or better yet, overnight.
4. To slice, remove and allow them to thaw for 10 minutes before slicing. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
There you have it! So easy, so much more affordable and just as creamy and delicious! Definitely give these a go, they are perfect as a light afternoon snack or even a dessert at the end of the night! I would not recommend carrying these to work or university, unless they are able to be stored in the freezer, as they will melt and become runny.
* This post is in collaboration with Clean Mixes, be sure to check out their huge range of ready to make bliss ball mixes!
Be sure to tag me in any of you creations, I absolutely love seeing how it turns out! DM or tag me on Instagram @earthykim