vegan date and walnut loaf

I am obsessed with sweet loaves and breads, and I absolutely loving trying out different variations, and today I'm coming to you with a dense and delicious date and walnut loaf! This recipe is egg free and dairy free, so completely vegan!
This loaf is so perfect to make for breakfasts or afternoon teas or to have as a snack during the day! Serve warmed with some peanut butter or jam, and it is perfection!

Vegan date and walnut loaf
Ingredients
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup walnut halves
Method
1. Start by placing the oil and sugars into a bowl and whisk together well. Add in the soy milk and whisk.
2. Next fold in all the dry ingredients, and all the water, and mix together until fully combined.
3. Fold in the dates and about half of the walnuts.
4. Pour into a loaf tin lined with baking paper or greased, and top with the rest of the walnuts.
5. Bake at 180 degrees C for around 30-40 minutes, checking with a skewer to ensure its fully cooked.
6. Remove, allow to cool, and EAT!

There you have it! So so simple, and easy and quick to make! I love making loaves like these on a Sunday to take fresh to the uni for the first few days of the week (it never lasts too long in my house!)


If you are looking for some other loaf recipes, definitely give these a try:
Ginger loaf
Carrot loaf
Banana bread
Brownie banana bread

I hope you give this recipe a go! If you do, I would absolutely love to see how it turns out, so don't forget to take a picture and send it to me on Instagram, tag me or DM me, @earthykim!!

Comments