I absolutely love lamingtons! They are my favourite, especially the raspberry ones! Turns out they are super easy to make vegan too! This recipe is super quick and easy to make (like all my recipes), and is perfect to share with family, friends and take to events!
Vegan raspberry lamingtons
1/2 cup vegan butter/margarine softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 packet vegan raspberry jelly crystals
1. Start by making the sponge; mix the vegan butter and sugar together until creamy. Then add the soy milk, vanilla essence and apple cider vinegar and mix well.
2. Fold in the flour and baking powder until fully combined.
3. Pour mixture into a long rectangular tin, and bake at 180 degrees C for around 20-25 minutes, checking often. Remove and allow to cool completely.
4. Then make the coating; make the jelly in a bowl according to packet instructions, and leave to cool to room temperature. Spread out the desiccated coconut on a plate.
5. Cut the sponge cake into squares and dip into the cooled jelly. Transfer to coconut, and roll to fully cover. Place on a plate and repeat with the rest.
6. Place lamingtons in the fridge to set.
I truly hope you try out this recipe! It is such a winner! If raspberry isn't your cup of tea, or if you want to try out a different flavour, check out my recipe for chocolate lamingtons!
If you have never had lamingtons before the definitely give this a go! If you do try this, be sure to let me know, tag or DM me on Instagram-@earthykim